If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; but when they attend to what He reveals, they are most blessed. (Prov. 29:18, MSG)
A Double Window of Opportunity?
Many prophetic words for 2014 have talked about open doors, restoration and the double portion. (1) Particularly when combined with the revelation that gates (or doors) of wealth and provision are opening for God’s people to advance His kingdom in this season (see Isa. 45:1-3), we must begin to ask ourselves what we can do to access these revelations.
Sometimes the prophetic gets a bad rap, as well-intentioned believers may hear prophetic words – and then fail to see them manifest. Space does not permit exploring all the various potential reasons for this, but perhaps most often, we fail to understand principles of access, or how to attend to what He reveals.
A common translation of Proverbs 29:18a reads: “Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint.” A closer study of word origins reveals that restraint actually infers the idea that a lack of discipline has allowed for something to slip through one’s fingers by ignoring an opportunity. (2)
Rarely do larger prophetic words—such as gates of wealth opening—manifest simply by dropping in our laps. Most often, there is a process of apprehending the word. In other words, prophetic words create potential, or opportunity – and it is then up to the hearer to lay hold of that opportunity.
On top of that, I feel the Lord keeps talking about a window of opportunity to do this (access wealth). That, combined with the general prophetic principle previously mentioned, seems to speak of double opportunity—double being another prophetic word for this season!
Hopefully, you are as intrigued as I am about allowing the Lord to teach us how to access these double doors (windows) of opportunity.
Are You Ready?
There are some practical steps we can take to become ready to receive provision from the Lord. Examining our mindsets surrounding wealth from a biblical perspective is an essential element in this process. Here are some examples to start the process of examining what you believe:
• Do you truly believe that wealth results from being blessed by the Lord? (Prov. 10:22; Deut. 28:1-14)
• Do you seek after wisdom, believing it to be the foundation of riches from the Lord? (Prov. 8:18, 21)
• Do you understand kingdom principles of wealth – such as that a king demonstrates his power by his wealth or that you cannot out give a king? (See 1 Kings 10; Jer. 10:10a; Luke 6:38.)
• Do you understand that glimpses of wealth in the heavenly kingdom (found throughout Revelation in describing streets of gold, thrones set with jewels, etc.) are meant to provoke us? Do you believe you are a joint heir with Christ—meant to share His power, His wisdom, His riches, His strength? (See Rom. 8:17; Rev. 5:12.)
• Do you have the faith to receive wealth? As Jesus said to the two blind men, “Become what you believe!” (Matt. 9:29, MSG)
And of course, we need to ask the Lord to break any curses of poverty (generational or otherwise), and use common sense as well. Sensible measures include living within your means, reducing or eliminating debt, and not being afraid of hard work. (Prov. 10:4)
Practical steps like these prepare the ground for the next level in releasing provision—taking action.
Ask, Seek, Knock
Luke 11:9-13 is a key passage in regard to actively pressing into doors of provision. This passage says:
So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? . . . If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!
Spiritually, we knock at the door by asking the Lord to reveal wealth creation strategies to us by His Holy Spirit. In the natural, we knock at the door by not being afraid to act on things we sense He reveals; usually, this requires some type of risk and investment.
As examples, recently my husband and I have invested in extended courses in real estate development. (We already have a background in construction and rental properties.) And, good friends of ours – who previously worked in the areas of education and finance – followed the Lord’s prompting to become licensed as real estate agents and are beginning to build their business.
These are just two examples, but begin asking the Lord what training, investment, or movement towards releasing provision you need to make. The important thing is to recognize in faith that windows of opportunity now exist. Most likely the Lord has already begun speaking to you about something; sometimes we just need to persist.
I can’t say that we (or our friends) have seen much return on our investment yet. However, we are filled with hope and expectation for our future, and believe it’s important to become positioned so God can zoom you ahead.
Don’t Hold Back – Push Right Ahead
The Lord is moving to impart expectation and hope. Concerning wealth, after the recession of 2008 hit, many fell into survival mode rather than looking to move ahead.
Not long ago, I heard my husband refer to the good run we had (in construction) from the early 90s up until then. I realized we had somehow fallen into thinking the “glory days” were over, and into just being thankful we’d prospered as much as we did.
Yet I keep hearing the Lord say the worst is over, the best is yet to come – and to not hold back, but to push right ahead. I’ve been guilty of some over spiritualization with this, and not also applying it to the arena of wealth, as I should.
Two scripture passages are being emphasized by the Lord—Ecclesiastes 7:8-10 and Ezekiel 36:8-11. Highlights from these two sections say:
The end of a thing is better than its beginning… do not say, “Why were the former days better than these?” For you do not inquire wisely concerning this.
I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.
Accessing wealth in this season will require believing that the best truly lies ahead.
What’s Mine Is Yours
We’re moving into a season where God is getting ready to unlock the gates of heaven with wealth beyond our imagining. I believe He intends us to live from a wealth perspective of having heard by His Spirit—“What’s Mine is yours.”
If you believe this word is for you and you’re serious about accessing His wealth, I sense Holy Spirit saying there are six things you need to do:
1. Make a list of what has been stolen from you. If you had been robbed in the natural, the first thing you would likely do is make a list for the police. God wants a written record of what needs to be restored to you.
2. Begin calling in the wealth you need to do what God has asked you to do. Review prophetic words. Be bold.
3. Begin asking for strategies to be shown to you. You must be open to taking risks (as you believe the Lord is directing you).
4. Start looking for places to give. Extravagantly. The faith you release in doing this will open troves of treasure to you.
5. Begin asking for the wealth of nations to be revealed to you… What’s blocking His provision (to you)? Is it corruption? Is it poverty brought about by curses to the land? (Etc.) Pray for restoration in the areas He reveals so that provision may begin flowing.
6. Don’t be impatient. Releasing wealth takes time. But as you take one step it will lead to another—until the whole plan is revealed to you.
For His faithful ones, it is time… gates of provision and destiny are opening for many. And we should realize and remember that it is a time of increased angelic activity. I believe angels of provision are standing by at the ready—let’s give them something to do!
1. Read the ACPE Word of the Lord for 2014, and the articles, Open Doors and New Levels and Glorify Your Name.
2. See Strong’s #6544.
Diane is a writer, speaker and minister ordained with both Christian International and Generals International. Her articles are regularly featured on The Elijah List, as well as platforms like Charisma Magazine, Charisma News, Intercessors For America and others. She and her husband, Allen, co-founded Starfire Ministries with a vision to see the kingdom established beyond the four walls of the traditional church. They host a podcast with Charisma Podcast Network, and serve as Church Mountain, Regional, and Montana Coordinators for the Reformation Prayer Network, and as Media Mountain Leader/Facilitators for C.I.’s Culture Influencers.