I truly believe the release of these seven abilities has been reserved for such a time as this, and those who read this with an open heart will receive an impartation of these even now today.
The Lord first began speaking to me about the release of seven abilities for a new agility early this year. By springtime I had four of the seven items and although I kept praying to receive the rest, I didn’t hear any more.
Then several weeks ago the Lord directed me to read the book of Acts, and to pay special attention to chapter 3. As I began to do this the Holy Spirit impressed on me that the last of the seven items would be revealed in the book of Acts.
Friends, I truly believe the release of these seven abilities has been reserved for such a time as this, and those who read this with an open heart will receive an impartation of these even now today.
Just the Right Time
I once heard Dutch Sheets bring a powerful message from Acts chapter 3. Verses 1-10 contain a fascinating story of a beggar who was healed by the apostle Peter. This man was lame and was carried daily to beg by the temple gate called Beautiful.
It’s apparent that Jesus must have passed by this beggar many times, but He never called him forth to be healed. Yet when Peter and John passed by and the beggar asked them for money, Peter responded by taking him by the hand, and he was instantly made whole! (vv. 7-8)
The prophetic insight contained in this story in intriguing. Jesus healed all who asked, and He also moved in accordance with what He heard His Father saying and doing. It follows, then, that He did not move to heal this man because He did not hear the Father telling Him to do so. I believe that Jesus did not heal the beggar because it was not the appointed time, according to God’s larger and greater plan.
According to Strong’s (#5611) the word Beautiful (which the temple gate was called where the beggar lay) does not mean beautiful in the sense of pleasing to the eye, as we would ordinarily assume. Instead, it means: belonging to the right hour or season (timely), i.e. (by implication) flourishing; or good timing. In other words, beautiful as in the sense of—isn’t it beautiful when a plan comes together at just the right time.
What came together at just the right time was a harvest, for the beggar’s healing sent shockwaves into the community. Ultimately, this caused the number of believers to be increased by almost two thousand souls! (Acts 3:11; 2:41, 47; 4:4)
In this new era, here’s what I feel is coming together at just the right time—not just any harvest…
Here are the seven abilities as the Lord gave them to me.
1. Grace. Strong’s (#5485) indicates this word refers to God freely extending Himself (His favor, grace), reaching (inclining) to people because He is disposed to bless (be near) them. When this first ability was given to me the Lord revealed it included the grace required to be that new creation, and the ability to let go of the old and not look back, as when the Israelites longed for the leeks, onions and garlic that they had left behind (2 Cor. 5:17; Num. 11:4-6).
I also had a vision of a guy who was going to commit a mass shooting in a public place, and then decided not to and turned around and left. I believe this represents another facet of this grace extended to us.
2. Supernatural Ability. I heard the Lord say there’s this supernatural ability being released to accomplish tasks that were previously unattainable.
As I wrote in an earlier article, shortly after I heard this my husband was offered a position as an assistant football coach at our local high school—the same high school where he served on the school board for years, and where we successfully removed Planned Parenthood from the sex education program.
Space does not allow for describing all the reasons why I’m so excited about this new opportunity for him and for what the Lord plans to do in this community through the new coaching staff! It was a completely unexpected door that opened and one that will require supernatural ability.
3. Hope. A theme I’ve been hearing for several years now is that the Lord is going to recover what’s been stolen from you. Just lately I heard, “What has been stolen from you will be returned!” I think some of this speaks to things of a financial nature, but anything the thief (Satan) has stolen from you qualifies—including identity (see John 10:10).
“Return to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope. Even today I declare that I will restore double to you” (Zech. 9:12, NKJV).
I believe we’re in a Zechariah 9:12 season, in which the Lord is releasing new hope for that which He will be restoring to you!
4. A Refreshing. In Acts 3:19, in response to the people’s amazement at the beggar’s healing, Peter told them: “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord” (NKJV). A refreshing (renewal) is a time when God sends His refreshing spiritual rain to prepare His people for the next major move of God. In this new era the next move includes the element of global harvest.
5. Great Power for Miracles. Acts 4:33 (NKJV) reads: “And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.” As with the apostles in the book of Acts, a release of great power for miracles will be given as a witness to salvation (see also Heb. 2:3-4).
6. Favor with God and Man. Luke 2:52 tells us that Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. (See also 1 Sam. 2:26; Prov. 3:1-4.) There is a new release of favor upon us in this new era for increase in the kingdom.
7. All the Signs and Wonders in the Book of Acts Shall be Yours. As I continued reading in the book of Acts, I heard the Lord say, “There’s been a tremendous refining process among the body of Christ, and especially among those who have already been tried and found as gold. For these are those of whom it has been said: ‘”They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”’” (See Mal. 3:17; see also Mal. 3:2-3; Zech. 9:16.)
To these the Lord would say—“All the signs and wonders in the book of Acts shall be yours!”
Friends, I invite you to read the book of Acts for yourself, and to receive the impartation of these seven abilities!
Posted on Charisma Magazine.
Diane is a writer, speaker and minister ordained with both Christian International and Generals International. Her articles are regularly featured on The Elijah List, as well as platforms like Charisma Magazine, Charisma News, Intercessors For America and others. She and her husband, Allen, co-founded Starfire Ministries with a vision to see the kingdom established beyond the four walls of the traditional church. They host a podcast with Charisma Podcast Network, and serve as Church Mountain, Regional, and Montana Coordinators for the Reformation Prayer Network, and as Media Mountain Leader/Facilitators for C.I.’s Culture Influencers.